Your Rwanda and Uganda Gorilla Safari Guide
Gorilla Safari Guide – How do you behave and dress while on Gorilla or Golden monkey trekking safaris?
- Trekking activities are very adventurous and strenuous.
- Recommended proper choice of clothes and shoes on a Gorilla Trek should be safe enough to protect you from nettles, thorns, branches, pesky flies, soldier ants, spiders, and more.
- Hiking paths are sometimes not comfortable. They are on different occasion’s small trails or no trails at all. Some are usually freshly cleared by the Rangers.
- Regardless of the kind of activity, sometimes the weather may not be favorable, some hills may be steep and slippery and others full of mud.
- Proper shoes are advisable. Ants may also try get to your ankles. Its therefore advisable to put on long trousers that can be tucked in shoes.
- Natural fabrics recommended. They include; linen, thin cotton, with at least 3 layers comprising a t-shirt, long sleeved attire and a rain jacket that can easily be packed away if the temperatures get high.
- Hats are recommended to shield you from brushing branches, the sun and falling ants from trees.
Likewise leggings are ideal to shield one from ants that bite.
- On the same, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- You can also try blend in your choice of clothes with the environment. Shouting colors are never recommended as the sometimes irritate gorillas and can lead them to charge.
- Green, greys and browns are the best.
- Camouflage colors are illegal. Strictly prohibited for civilians, avoid them. Do not also go for animal prints.
- Gorillas can mistake animal prints for predators such as leopards and can respond violently.
- High ankle shoes are recommended but not a must. Most clients have done strenuous treks on normal shoes and were perfectly fine.
- A pair of shorts a recommended for relaxation at the lodge after the treks.
- When it comes to socks, go for the thin moisture-wicking socks and cover them using thicker cotton socks. This will help prevent blisters.
- Pack light as sometimes tour may take a small flight to the camps or lodges and they come with strict baggage restrictions. If headed for an onward destination after the gorilla trek we can organize to have your extra luggage stored.
- We wish you an incredible and enjoyable gorilla trekking safari.
- Extend a smile to your loved ones, friends and be our great ambassador!
The Gorilla Safari Guide – Tourite Safaris.