Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is one of the most sought after parks in Uganda.
The park is home to;
- The mighty gorillas, half of the world’s population is found in the area and are estimated to be at 650 in number. They are the biggest attraction to the park during peak season.
- For a birding enthusiast, next to Mabira the Bwindi forest has a diverse species of birds that have been known to live there.
- There are over 220 butterfly species within the park premises.
- With an array of tree species, you will find over 300 classifications in Bwindi among which are those marked as endangered.
- Monkeys, chimpanzees and several species of small mammals.
Among several other attractions to the park, you can visit the park at any point in the year and engage in some of the activities such as:
- Mountain climbing
- Gorilla Trekking
- Forest walks
- Rift Valley Views
- Birding experiences
- Herbology research with the park guides